Sunday, May 25, 2008

Back At It

It has been awhile since I posted because I hadn't done much but work. This week had some new adventures. Monday I went kayaking with a friend for the first time. The short trip turned out to be over 3 and a half hours. I really enjoyed myself. We paddled out of the cove and then over to Lester Island where we happen to see a black bear eating. We stopped in a kelp forest so the current wouldn't move us. While we were sitting there another bear came out. This one was a cinnamon black bear. We made noise to get their attention but they just looked at us and then went back to eating. It was awesome. On Friday all of the employees went out on our boat for dinner and a cruise. We went down to Pt. Adolphus, which is the prime spot for seeing whales. Thankfully they were their eating so I got to see my first humpback in the wild. Most of the time they would just come only so far as to see their dorsal fin. But a few times they would stick their tail out of the water when they dove. Very cool! Today a friend and I went hiking along the Bartlett River. It was good to get out since its been in the upper 60s the last 3 days. Tomorrow we are going on a all day kayaking trip. The weather is going to be the same so I am pumped. Until next time. Cheers...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures. They were pretty. How is your trip going? Run in to anybody you know? Who was that in the boat with you? I hope you're having a lot of fun! When are you coming back to Iowa? I miss you! A lot! I love you. Dixen

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool premonition! I wish I could have seen all the wildlife you have seen. I love bald eagles, bears, whales, and moose! I wish I could have went kayaking with you too. I wish I could be in Alaska with you, it sounds like a lot of fun and really cool! I love you Jared....Love, Brexton